It’s a fact that we all bargain when it comes to buying food items or electronics but medicines is the only field in which we buy drugs at full rate. Medical Science is a billion dollar industry and a highly profitable business but some how we are fully committed that expensive medicines are good for our health. This may be true in some cases but majority of time this is not true. Let me tell you one thing that medicines are prescribed(by our great doctors) by brand name & not the generics(Ingredients). Hence we end up paying more money for the same medicine which is available in the market at cheaper rate.
Follow these few steps to know more & start saving on your medical bills.
1. Simply download HEALTHKART PLUS App(now 1mg) on your Apple ios, Android device or Windows Device.
2. Search the medicine name.
3. Type the medicine name which you are using (e. g. Lyrica 75mg (Pfizer company)
4. It will show you medicine company, prices and Ingredients.
5. Now main point click on ‘SUBSTITUTE’
6. Don’t be surprised to see that same drug is available at very low cost also. And that to by other reputed manufacturer. e. g. Lyrica by pfizer is for Rs. 768.56 for 14 tablets (54.89 per tab). Whereas same drug by Cipla (Prebaxe) is available only Rs. 59.00 for 10 tablets(5.9 per tab).
This is just a one example and you can see that we already saved %90 on one medicine only. As I said earlier pharmaceutical industry is a very profitable business and they will never want that ordinary people know more about generic medicines.